MedicPresents.com: Advertising Policy
MedicPresents.com Network Advertising Policy
MedicPresents.com accepts advertising on the MedicPresents.com Network from third parties ("Advertisers"), which may include third party banners, badges, contextual advertising and content created or provided by an Advertiser (collectively referred to as "Advertisements" or "Advertising"). In addition, as used in this policy, the terms "Advertising" and "Advertisements" include third party banners, modules, links, micro sites, native advertisements and other content provided by or on behalf of Advertisers. The Advertiser is responsible for the accuracy and objectivity of their Advertising. The following guidelines have been established by MedicPresents.com to govern various aspects of Advertising on properties within the MedicPresents.com Network (each a "MedicPresents.com Property"), which may include websites and mobile applications directed to various groups with interest in healthcare and medicine, which we refer to in this Policy as the "MedicPresents.com Digital Properties."
The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements by MedicPresents.com, how Advertisements are displayed on the MedicPresents.com Network, and the removal of Advertisements from the MedicPresents.com Network. MedicPresents.com has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the MedicPresents.com Network. MedicPresents.com may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the applicable MedicPresents.com Property.
- - MedicPresents.com has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the MedicPresents.com Network, and under no circumstances will MedicPresents.com's acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
- - There are certain categories of Advertisements that MedicPresents.com will not knowingly permit on the MedicPresents.com Network at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- - Illegal, 'objectionable', 'ineffective' and/or 'dangerous' products (MedicPresents.com reserves the right to determine what is 'objectionable', 'ineffective' and/or 'dangerous')
- - fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material
- - material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for the MedicPresents.com Network
- - alcohol
- - weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- - gambling
- - pornography or related themes
- - tobacco use of any kind
- - the simulation of news or an emergency
- - material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children under the age of 13
- - media, messages, "M" rated video games or content
- - unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims
- - deceptive advertising units that mimic computer functions or indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit
MedicPresents.com recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and MedicPresents.com's editorial content. All Advertising on the MedicPresents.com’ Network will be clearly and unambiguously identified for the publishers and the visitors. MedicPresents.com will not allow any Advertising on the MedicPresents.com Network that is not identified with the label of "Advertisement” or a similar designation indicating that the Advertising is being provided by or on behalf of an Advertiser on MedicPresents.com network.
A click on an Advertisement may only link the end user to the Advertiser's site or to relevant sponsored content area on a MedicPresents.com Property.
MedicPresents.com retains the complete right to determine how a search result for specific information by keyword or topic is displayed on a MedicPresents.com Property based on MedicPresents.com delivered search results. If Ads appears in search results, those will be labeled as such. In addition, MedicPresents.com provides a separate area on the search results page of certain MedicPresents.com Digital Properties which only display Advertising.
As explained in the "Ads by Google" hyper link in the Ads by Google section on applicable MedicPresents.com’ online search result pages are Advertisements that have been purchased by companies that want to have links to their websites appear adjacent to search results in response to specific terms.
MedicPresents.com reserves the right to decide at any time in its sole discretion whether it will accept, reject, cancel, or remove Ads from the MedicPresents.com Network. MedicPresents.com cannot provide any assurances that Advertisements will perform without error on all platforms, including websites and mobile applications.
It is the ad publishers’ responsibility to comply with all domestic and international laws and regulations applicable to their Advertising within the MedicPresents.com Network (they are required to include all legally required legends, disclosures, disclaimers and statements in such Advertising), including without limitation, various food and drug regulatory authorities in geographical regions they want to advertise. It also includes guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising.
MedicPresents.com will not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations. However, MedicPresents.com reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if MedicPresents.com observes any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, MedicPresents.com may remove the Advertising from the MedicPresents.com Network.
No Ads on the MedicPresents.com Network shall include any pixels, tags, flash containers or any such type of information collection software code or shall place any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of the MedicPresents.com Network unless expressly approved in writing by MedicPresents.com. If MedicPresents.com approves the inclusion of a Pixel in an advertisement, then unless and only to the extent that such approval contains an express exception, (i) Advertiser may not use such Pixel to collect any personally-identifiable information (PII) with respect to any MedicPresents.com user, (ii) no such Pixel can be flash or object based, (iii) the Pixel can be blocked and any cookie placed can be deleted by user browser settings, (iv) Advertiser will not update any existing profile or create any profile in its database based on any data collected on the MedicPresents.com site, including the fact that someone is a MedicPresents.com user or any information derived from the any information in the referring URL.